He adores you, he wants you to be happy. He looks ahead with trepidation at the upcoming wedding planning event of the year… It’s a room full of brides, bridesmaids, mothers-of-the-brides, and 100+ wedding vendors. It’s not his typical way to spend a Sunday, he will admit. However, he’s such a doll he’s determined to show up for you with minimal complaint. What a guy!
I have to say, you are one lucky lady. I think to show your anticipated appreciation, it’s only fair to fully prepare the lad for what’s in store, and give him some good tips to get through the day without any pain, and perhaps even some level of enjoyment. So I have prepared for you…
The Groom-to-be Wedding Showcase Survival Guide
Let’s chat to the guys now. Just pass over the screen and leave him be.
Okay, so I have you now, fella? Excellent, let’s chat.
I want to help you out, mate, so stay with me on this. I appreciate she’s roped you in during a moment of weakness in that post-proposal romantic glow… The reality is setting in, but I promise you, it’s not going to be torture. In fact, with my guidance, you may even have a rather pleasant time! Follow me through some tips to get you set on the right path to make the day a success for you both.
It would be a great idea to discover exactly what level of input you’re
allowed to have likely to be asked for at the showcase. Approach your beautiful bride-to-be with an air of interest about you, and ask, “Darling, tell me, which aspects of the wedding would you like me to share in the planning of at this blessed event?”
She will reply with one or more of the following…
- Your own suit
- A really great present for me.
- Nothing, I have this covered. Just show up and look pretty, sweet pea.
Now you know where you stand and can offer opinions accordingly, and go to your happy place when looking at anything else on the day.
Do these things.
- Push-ups, because you’ll be carrying the loot bags and anything she wins. Even better, test out your strength with this week’s grocery shop.
- Practice your patience.
Bring these things with you. Don’t ask, just do it.
- Comfy shoes.
- Pens (more than one – there will be many competition forms and waiting lists to fill in.)
- Cash – there are food vendors. Coffee! Food!
- Ear plugs (in case you’re sitting next to the winner of the $2000 bridal gown when it’s announced.)
What to do when you arrive
- Immediately locate the cake stands with samples.
Cool stuff you’ll enjoy
- Honeymoon workshop… no, it’s not what you’re already conjuring up an hilarious quip about! It’s all about booking a kick butt getaway you’ll both enjoy.
- Photography workshop with Ben Connolly.
- Find out everything you need to know about suit hire from the experts at the Suits Direct stand.
- Check out the sweet rides from Wheels to Weddings and Super Stretch 300 Limousines
And important things to remember…
- There are prizes for the grooms, too! So listen up in case you score a Golf Day or suit hire voucher!
- You might SAVE some MONEY on your wedding at this event. It’s totally worth it!
- You will have a peaceful night as your bride will have lots of magazines and brochures to pour over afterwards.
One last piece of sage advice
You could really score some brownie points by proactively buying your early bird discounted tickets online.
Photo credit: Images by Lou O’Brien
Sunshine Coast Bridal Showcase
Date: Sunday, June 23
Time: 10:00am to 3:30pm
Cost: $10.00 Early Bird Tickets or $14.00 at the door